Welcome to the 6th annual BikeFest Tour of the Valley
A great thanks to all that came out to enjoy BikeFest 2012. BikeFest 2013 will happen on September 21, 2013 at Look Park so mark your calendars! You can view some great photos from the 2012 BikeFest here.
Come out to enjoy the stunning fall foliage, dairy farms, and quaint villages of the Pioneer Valley, the heart of New England cycling, then stay for the gourmet food, beer, live music and entertainment. BikeFest is the most fun you can have on or off a bike!
And to thank YOU for being a cyclist, rides, lunch and party are only $20-$50 inclusive at early-bird rates.
Tour of the Valley entrance fee includes fully supported ride with SAG, rest stop food, a post-ride gourmet BBQ lunch buffet with local craft beers, entertainment featuring the music of The Art Steele Band, a pro BMX stunt show from Team East and other surprises. High quality, advertising-free T-Shirts are available for purchase while supplies last $15.
All proceeds benefit Steph’s Wild Ride, The Northampton Education Foundation and the Northampton Cycling Club, a 501c3.
Ride amenities include:
- Gourmet post-ride BBQ catered be Rob Watson from the Lone Wolf of Amherst
- Up to three craft beers included free with your lunch.
- Post ride festival including live music from the Art Steele Band, a pro BMX stunt show, kids races, a bike
BikeFest ’13 and Tour of the Valley Schedule of Events
7:00 a.m. Tour of the Valley Century – 104 mile ride departs
12:15 riders begin to return to Look Park
Festival Schedule of events:
“Thanks for putting on a great ride and I appreciate all you are doing to promote cycling!” – Brian C.
BikeFest Green Event Pledge:
To minimize the environmental impact of BikeFest, food and materials used will be sources locally. All proceeds from the ride will promote the free, family-oriented, cycling festival promoting cycling to children. Additional proceeds will support NCC youth and amateur cycling programs, Steph’s Wild Ride Foundation and the Northampton Education Foundation. NCC is 501(c)3 non-profit.
- All aid stations provide tap water, energy drink powder, fresh fruit and pbj or bagels to eliminate packaging and transport waste. Compostable cups also provided.
- BBQ buffet provides biodegradable utensils and plates.
- No packaged beverages will be served at Look Park BBQ.
- Ingredients for BBQ buffet are sourced locally as much as possible.
- All craft beers were brewed locally at Northampton Brewery and High and Mighty Brewery.