Welcome to the 7th annual BikeFest Tour of the Valley
BikeFest 2014 will be on September 20th, 2014 and registration opens on April 1st, 2014!
You can register for BikeFest 2014 on BikeReg here . . .
Come out to enjoy the stunning fall foliage, dairy farms, and quaint villages of the Pioneer Valley, then stay for the gourmet food, beer, live music and entertainment. BikeFest is the most fun you can have on or off a bike! Click here to watch a great video about BikeFest 2013.
And to thank YOU for being a cyclist, rides, lunch, music, beer and kickin’ party are only $30-$65 inclusive at early-bird rates.
Tour of the Valley entrance fee includes fully supported ride with SAG, well-stocked rest stops, a post-ride gourmet BBQ lunch buffet with local craft beers, entertainment featuring the music of The Art Steele Band, a pro BMX stunt show from Team East and other surprises. High quality, advertising-free T-Shirts and Water Bottles are available for purchase while supplies last.
Check back for details on host hotel for 2014.
All proceeds benefit The Northampton Cycling Club, a 501c3, offering support for youth and amateur cyling; the JAM Fund, a 501(c)3, helping younger cyclists achieve their goals, both on and off the bike, through close mentoring, grants and a supported racing program.
BikeFest needs volunteers! Learn how you can ride free by volunteering or providing a volunteer. Volunteer info can be found here.
Note: Look Park charges a motor vehicle entry fee of $7. Bicycles always enter free.
Ride amenities include:
- Up to three pints of craft beers included FREE with your lunch (must be 21).
- Post ride festival including live music from the Art Steele Band, a pro BMX stunt show, kids races, face painting a bike friendly expo and much more
BikeFest ’14 and Tour of the Valley Schedule of Events
12:15 riders begin to return to Look Park
Festival Schedule of events:
BikeFest 2014 will happen on September 20, 2014 at Look Park so mark your calendars! You can view some great photos from the 2012 BikeFest here.
“Thanks for putting on a great ride and I appreciate all you are doing to promote cycling!” – Brian C.
No refunds will be issued for any reason.
BikeFest Green Event Pledge:
To minimize the environmental impact of BikeFest, food and materials used will be sourced locally. All proceeds from the ride will promote the free, family-oriented, cycling festival promoting cycling to children. Additional proceeds will support NCC youth and amateur cycling programs, Steph’s Wild Ride Foundation and the Northampton Education Foundation. NCC is 501(c)3 non-profit.
- All aid stations provide tap water, energy drink powder, fresh fruit and pbj or bagels to eliminate packaging and transport waste. Compostable cups also provided.
- BBQ buffet provides biodegradable utensils and plates.
- No packaged beverages will be served at Look Park BBQ.
- Ingredients for BBQ buffet are sourced locally as much as possible.
- All craft beers were brewed locally at Northampton Brewery and BBC.